Spread the Word

Spread the Word

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Missionary Message from Elder Stafford

This is a picture of my eye. Pretty gross right??
Quick biology lesson: Eyes are what let you see. Brains are what let you remember what you saw.
But what about the things that we wish we could "un-see"...or things that we wish we could "un-do"? I've been taught since I was little that when we fully repent, God remembers our sins no more (Hebrews 10:16-18). But today I read something pretty awesome in the Book of Mormon. In Alma chapter 36, the prophet, Alma, is talking to his son, Helaman, about repentance. After describing his own experience with repentance, Alma says, "...I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more." (Alma 36:19). That is awesome!
Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can literally "un-see" the things we never wish we saw, and "un-do" the things we never wish we did. It's gonna be a lot of work...but it'll be SO worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment