Spread the Word

Spread the Word

Saturday, May 10, 2014

It's been a really rough, bumpy cycle...but with small sparks of success

Hello everyone!!

This week has been very good considering how I've been feeling the past few weeks. It's been a really rough, bumpy cycle. This last week though, we've been able to see small sparks of success. We called a media referral that we got about a week ago, and she sounds like she's interested in hearing what we have to say! She said that she'd talk to her husband about it, and then we'll call her on Thursday for her to let us know a time we can come back. We're excited! The sisters also gave us someone that they found, and he sounds like he's pretty cool. We'll see, though. We've been doing some tracting the last week. We hate having to rely solely on just tracting to find, but considering were in an area where you don't see ANYONE just walking around, tracting is really all you have to meet new people. The best way to find people to teach is when a member refers someone to us...those almost always lead to at least something...but we haven't gotten any of those at all lately, so tracting's all we got! Haha
I'm just glad that Elder Nielson realizes that too, and isn't super stubborn to tract like some of my previous companions. It's really hard, and you run into so much rejection and let-downs because of it, but you also do meet lots of people and at least plant some seeds. 

This week hasn't been too interesting. We got a new Elder that we're living with. His name is Elder Fuller and he was actually my zone leader for two cycles in Monticello, so I know him pretty well. He's an awesome guy and a really good missionary so I'm excited to live with him. Elder Nielson and I are doing fine. He's definitely got a super different personality than me...which is hard. But that's okay! I'm just learning more and more how to deal with different personalities! Newtown is starting to grow on me. I think it just took a while for me to get ahold of the geography of the area, so once I got that down, it helped me get more comfortable with it. The ward is really great and loves the missionaries, so that's good, too.

I'm so excited to talk to you on Mothers Day, though!! I seriously can't believe that it's almost been five months since we talked! When works best for you? I think that the best time possible would be at about 7:30-8:00 my time, so 4:30-5:00 your time. We have church, and then a dinner with someone after that, so I think that that would be about the only time we could do it. If that REALLY doesn't work for you, just let me know over email exactly what time does, and I'm sure that we can work around it. Just let me know! :)

Thank you so much for letting me know everything that's been going on! I know it seems kinda dull to tell me everything that's been going on, but it is nice to feel like I'm involved a little bit. Please call Brandon "Old Man Maxwell" for me just once ;) say it in a toothless old man's voice, too, that'll make it better!!  Hahahaha! that made me laugh so hard!  Don't worry, Ally, I'm not a morning person either! I thought I was...but then I went on a mission and had to work 13 hours a day haha. Have fun with the yard work (haha suckers!). I'm thinking about getting plastic flowers and trees with AstroTurf in my house just so I don't have to do that ever again ;)

But anyways...I better get going! Have an awesome week, everyone! I love you all and am praying for you, as long as you pray for me! I need it! Haha bye!

-Elder Stafford :)

No comments:

Post a Comment