Spread the Word

Spread the Word

Saturday, November 9, 2013

A little "nudge" from Heavenly Father

Hey Family!
 
Hey! So this week has been pretty great! We got a little nudge from Heavenly Father, anyway. So the other day we had 2 investigators/less-actives that dropped us. It was pretty sad and I was pretty upset but we both think that it was good for us. We drove up to the church and just talked about what we were going to do. We both decided that the best thing that we could do would be to "cleanse" our area. For a long time (ever since I was with Elder Witbeck) we've just been visiting the same people over and over again hoping that they'd eventually get it and turn around and want to change. That still hasn't happened yet, though. So the other day we just decided to kind of start over. We let go (unless of course they come to us) a lot of the people that were just kind of not putting forth any effort on their part. We've decided that from now on, we're going to be a lot better at recognizing who really wants to change and become better and who doesn't. We were extremely grateful for that powerful, although sudden, smack on the back of the head from Heavenly Father to get us going in the right direction.
So because of all that...we've been doing LOTS of trying to find people. We've gone tracting almost every day. Tracting is actually not the best way to find people...but because our branch here is so small and they don't give us many (or at all) referrals, and because this area is actually pretty new...it's almost all we have. haha!
I've been doing great though! I feel like I've kind of hit my stride teaching. I'm not even CLOSE to being an awesome teacher and I have sooooo many things that I can work on...but I feel like I'm not all "green" any more and that I don't fumble around and mess up as much as I used to haha!
I'm getting sick (AGAIN!)...ugh...I don't know what it is but I get sick a lot now! Okay actually I know exactly what's causing it: lack of sleep, the cold, and stress. But I'll be fine! I'm loving the mission still!
I love you all! Have an awesome week!!

-Elder Stafford

No comments:

Post a Comment