Spread the Word

Spread the Word

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Things are getting HARD!

Hello all!
Things are going great here in Monticello! It's starting to really get COLD!!!! The wind and humidity cuts you to the bone! We just gotta wear lots of scarves, warm socks, and big big coats! The work is almost equally as cold...haha. Things are getting HARD! We don't teach NEARLY the amount of people that we used to and it's really been frustrating us trying to figure out what we're doing wrong! We keep assuring ourselves that it's not our fault and that it's just been a rough patch but it's still hard! We've been trying to do a lot of finding people lately. It's so weird! It's like as soon as it started getting cold the people just got turned off to hearing about Jesus!
I got sick...again. I think me body's just trying to get used to the cold here because I'm outside in the cold way more than I ever was back home. Part of it also had to do with the fact that I'm pretty sure I got food poisoning or something a little less serious than that. Me and Elder Rydalch stopped by this little Italian bakery that is absolutely heavenly and the prices are amazing so we go all the time haha. Well this week I decided to try some canolis and within two hours I was SICK! I threw up over ten times that night...it hurt...a lot. By the third time nothing was coming out and I was just dry heaving so yeah...
The funny thing, though, is that we went and got something else from there like two days later!... :)
I think one of the most exhilarating feelings ever as a missionary is when you get a text and it's a referral from Church Headquarters of someone that wants missionaries over! Those are the BEST because it means that they really do want the missionaries over and they usually progress! That or it's just one of their friends that tried pulling a joke on them so they went onto the website and referred them just to be funny...we get those sometimes...and it's not too funny.
Well, we got one yesterday and it was so cool! They still haven't responded to our call but we're still hoping!
I have to go, though, so I hope everyone has a good week! I love you all and pray for you often! :)

-Elder Stafford :)

No comments:

Post a Comment